Vegetable Facts Beetroot Benefits & Uses Beetroot Juice The health benefits and uses of beetroot, and how to use the juice at home. Thank you very much for listening, wish you great health, wealth and happiness.
Bladder and kidney stones are also destroyed with regular use of beetroot. You can also eat the leaves and stems of beets (also referred to as the greens.) Please see our other video on this to learn more.
Beetroot Benefits & Uses Beetroot Juice
- 1. Beetroot is a wonderful superfood that is very healthy for the human body.
- 2. This was used in the middle ages as a natural medicine to treat digestive illnesses and to purify the bloodstream.
- 3. It is very rich in nitrates which have been shown to lower the blood pressure.
- 4. The best way to take beetroot is raw and in juices. It is well known for its ability to cleanse the liver.
- 5. In order to juice this, blend 1 beetroot with 2 apples and 3 carrots. Never drink too much beet juice on its own as it works as a powerful laxative. Use a sieve to strain out the particles and drink.
- 6. This will detoxify the body and increase the number of white blood cells, making you less likely to get ill.
- 7. You can also cook beetroot to use in delicious soups and other meals. However, for the best nutrition, they should be eaten raw.
- 8. Beetroot contains strong amounts of folate, manganese, potassium, copper, and fiber.
- 9. They also have Vitamin B6, C, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- 10. They are often pickled with vinegar and used in healthy salads and as a side with BBQ food.
- 11. The pigments contained with beets can prevent cancerous tumors from growing rapidly in the body. This works particularly well for colon cancer.
- 12. You can make a natural red dye by simply boiling them with the fabric of your choice. Be sure to let this simmer for an hour before taking off the heat and allowing it to soak overnight.
- 13. Beetroot contains anti-inflammatory betalains including Betanin and violaxanthin. These are excellent for the body when suffering from heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- 14. Eating them on a regular basis as part of a balanced diet will reduce chronic inflammation in the muscles and you will gain more energy.
- 15. Beetroot is used by athletes before and after intense exercise. This helps to oxygenate the muscles making them heal faster.
- 16. They provide lots of energy and increase endurance and cardiovascular health.