Types Of Wrinkles – The Names Of Wrinkles On The Face Are. The wrinkles are not just one type. There are different wrinkles that are formed differently. The names of wrinkles on the face are.
Types Of Wrinkles – The Names Of Wrinkles
- Expression Wrinkles: This wrinkle justifies its name. When we continually make expressions such as frowning, smiling, or laugh lines form on our face. Although they are very light lines, they adhere to the skin.
- Elastic wrinkles – These are wrinkles that occur when you spend too much time in the sun. These look like little folds that form on the cheeks, neck, and lips.
- Compression wrinkles – this is a short-lived wrinkle, which occurs due to sleeping on the pillow. When our face is pressed against the pillow, we see some lines on our face, neck, and chest. This is called compression wrinkles. They disappear with time.
- Gravity wrinkles: This wrinkle can appear anywhere on the face. When our skin loses collagen and elastin, and due to the natural aging process, we see this type of wrinkle.
- Atrophic wrinkles – These are the parallel lines that can be seen on the forehead when the eyebrows are furrowed. Over time, when the skin loses elastin and collagen, they turn into wrinkles.