Hibiscus Leaves Benefits and Uses Natural Beauty Tips. The health benefits and uses of Hibiscus also known as Roselle or Jamaica Flower.
Hibiscus Leaves Benefits and Uses
- 1. Hibiscus Sabdariffa is a flowering plant that grows in many tropical places all around the world.
- 2. It is known for its many health benefits and is used to make a medicinal tea, using a mixture of flowers, leaves, and chalices. This is also known as Karkade tea.
- 3. Hibiscus tea is full of fiber and is a diuretic that helps to rid the body of toxins and aid digestion.
- 4. It has also been shown to help maintain a healthy cholesterol level, reducing the risk of heart disease.
- 5. Hibiscus tea has a cranberry-like taste which is used in both cold and hot drinks.
- 6. You can buy hibiscus extract in powdered form from many health food stores, which can be taken regularly to improve the health of the body.
- 7. You can make a cold juice, which is often called roselle juice. This is a mixture of sugar, water, and hibiscus and is a great alternative to fizzy drinks.
- 8. Hibiscus is antibacterial and helps the body to find off colds and infections, also boosting the immune system to prevent disease.
- 9. The anti-inflammatory properties of this plant relieve water retention and swelling.
- 10. The vitamins and minerals in hibiscus work as antidepressants.
- 11. If you have a cold, hibiscus tea will break down phlegm and allow you to breathe better.
- 12. Hibiscus is also used to make delicious jams, soups, and sauces. It can also be used as a spice in delicious stir-fries.
- 13. The tea can also help lower blood pressure.
- 14. Intestinal worms can be destroyed with regular consumption of hibiscus tea.
- 15. This tea can also be very beneficial for the hair and scalp, please see our video on hibiscus for hair growth to learn more Thank you very much for listening, Alike is always appreciated and remember.