Dandelion Leaves Benefits and Uses Natural Tips. The health benefits and uses of dandelion leaves. Thank you very much for listening. I wish you great health, wealth and happiness.
Dandelion Leaves Benefits and Uses
- 1. Dandelion is a wildflower originally from Europe, Asia, and North America. They now grow all over the world.
- 2. They are known by many as weeds, but they also have some wonderful health benefits which you may not be aware of it.
3. Dandelion leaves are very high in calcium, which is very important for the body to maintain strong bones and a healthy nervous system.
- 4. They are also rich in iron and anti-oxidants preventing dark circles under the eyes.
- 5. The root of the dandelion has been shown to treat people suffering from leukemia.
- 6. In order to enjoy these health benefits, you can eat dandelions including the leaves in a salad. However they often taste bitter, so I recommend making dandelion leaf tea.
- 7. To make this, simply chop a handful of dandelion leaves and steep in hot water for 5 minutes.
- 8. I recommend also using the flowers and the roots in this tea, be sure to clean them thoroughly before use.
- 9. Dandelions also contain a high dose of vitamin K, which has been linked to the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
- 10. You can also use dandelions in a delicious smoothie with other fruits, and vegetables seen in our other videos.
- 11. The leaves also contain copper.
12. As well as Vitamin K, they also contain Vitamin C, B1, B2, B6, and E, making dandelions a wonderful natural multivitamin.
- 13. All essential amino acids are present, making them perfect for a leafy green source of protein.
- 14. Those who suffer from eye strain, and have problems such as macular degeneration, can use dandelions to reduce symptoms and prevent further damage.
- 15. Dandelions grow throughout the spring and early summer months and can be harvested from almost anywhere.
- 16. You can store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, or dehydrate them for long term storage.
- 17. The tea has been shown to settle an upset stomach and reduce intestinal gas.
- 18. Anti-inflammatory effects treat muscle aches and joint pain.
- 19. Dandelion leaves effectively stimulate the gallbladder, therefore purifying the blood and reducing the risk of gall stones.