Cumin Seeds for Weight Loss Natural Beauty Tips. The health benefits of using cumin seeds for weight loss, and how you can do this yourself at home very much for listening.
Cumin Seeds for Weight Loss
- 1. Cumin seeds come from a plant known as Cuminum minimum, native to Pakistan, India and the East Mediterranean. This is also known as Jeera.
- 2. This is often used as a spice in Indian cooking but was also used by the ancient cultures for their fantastic health benefits. This included the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans.
- 3. You can make cumin tea or cumin seed water in order to lose weight. The thymol contained within stimulates the glands which produce saliva in the mouth.
- 4. More saliva means that foods break down better during digestion. This helps the body to process excess fats, helping you to lose weight.
- 5. Cumin also causes the pancreas to create enzymes. These break down food whilst it is in the digestive tract. This helps the body to absorb more nutrients.
- 6. To make cumin tea use 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds with 250ml of boiling water. Allow these to steep for five minutes and then strain to remove the seeds.
- 7. Alternatively, you can soak cumin seeds in cold water in the refrigerator overnight. This allows the nutrients to seep into the water, ready for drinking cold.
- 8. You should drink this at least three times per day for the best effects.
- 9. These seeds also contain cumin aldehyde. This has helped people to fight cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties.
- 10. They also boost the performance of the brain, fight off viral infections and eliminate phlegm and mucus.
- 11. Cumin seeds contain healthy vitamins, nutrients, and minerals including iron, manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins A, B1, B3, B6, and E.
- 12. They can also be cooked into delicious foods such as delicious curries, stews, and chutneys. They are well known for their nutty and peppery flavor.