Cinnamon Bark Benefits and Uses Natural Tips The health benefits and uses of cinnamon This is very delicious and a great way to start your day. Thank you very much for listening, I wish you great health, wealth and happiness. A more important distinction is that cassia has undesirable levels of a chemical called coumarin, a powerful anticoagulant that is also potentially carcinogenic and toxic to the liver.
Cinnamon Bark Benefits and Uses
- 1. This spice comes from the soft bark within Cinnamomum trees.
- 2. The chemical makeup is different (60% trans-cinnamaldehyde; ~20% eugenol/linalool)
- 3. In fact, cinnamon is in the top 10 most powerful antioxidant spices in the world, helping to boost the immune system and destroy harmful bacteria.
- 4. Cinnamon has been shown to be highly effective at treating diabetes naturally. It can reduce insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels.
- 5. This also helps to balance out your hormones, giving you more energy. Your body will be able to tolerate glucose much better.
- 6. Taking a teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder daily will help you to lose weight.
- 7. There are two main varieties of cinnamon, Cassia, and Ceylon. You should use organic Ceylon cinnamon for the best effects. This variety costs more but is classed as “true cinnamon.”
- 8. Cinnamon is an anti-inflammatory food which can also prevent blood clots. This is due to the cinnamaldehyde contained within.
- 9. It’s known to be anti-aging and the cause of healthy radiant skin.
- 10. This will kill yeast infections such as candida overgrowth in the body. This works best by drinking carrot juice combined with a little cinnamon regularly.
- 11. It has been used as a preservative for many years.
12. Cinnamon is great for the brain This can work well for the elderly to stay sharp.
- 13. It is used in many recipes because of its delicious flavor. When eaten it provides a warming effect which is great for the winter.
- 14. One of the best combinations is an apple with cinnamon. The flavors work well together in delicious pies, chutneys and they are also used to make a weight loss drink.
- 15. Cinnamon has a very powerful smell and has been combined with many other scents to make essential oils, fragrances, and incense sticks.